Saturday, July 19, 2014

Christmas in July 2 -- Cabins in the Woods

More Christmas in July exuberance! Here's some Cabin in the Woods projects.

Chill Be Gone
Here's the inspiration and link to the original pattern.  It's called Chill Be Gone and it appealed to me right away because...
This attic door leads to the un-insulated storage part of the attic and a large gap at the bottom allows super heat or cold in depending on the season
This cute little cabin in the woods pillow keeps out unwanted airflow!   Note:  I added rice into the bottom to add weight (and it could double as emergency food storage - hah!)
This little table topper is made with the same cabin and tree blocks and I added an Ohio star and log cabin blocks.
Have you seen the Disappearing Hour Glass block video, from the Missouri Star Quilt Co.?  (They use a layer cake, but I just cut some 10" squares.)

I used that to make these blocks and stars are so Christmasy!  I didn't trim anything until the end so they go together pretty quickly.  Click here for the link.

Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts
crazy mom quilts
Also linking up with SewCal Gal's Handmade Christmas
 

4 comments:

barbara woods said...

love your door stop cool ides

Anonymous said...

Love your cushion and doorstop, pretty and festive.

barbara woods said...

beautiful quilt

legato1958 said...

I really love your holiday table topper! It is so pretty!! What a great idea to add the log cabin blocks and the Ohio Star!!

I should make a draft stopper... not to block out cold air... but the meowing of our kitty at 4 am!! She wakes me up when she wants to play and eat... and I stuff a blanket under the door now.

Susie

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...